5 Ways to Prepare for an Eye Exam
Eye exams are important to maintaining good vision and keeping your eyes healthy. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your next eye exam:
1. Make sure you have a list of all the medications you're currently taking. This includes over-the-counter drugs and vitamins. Your doctor will need to know what you're taking to determine if any of them may affect your vision.
Make sure you list all the medications you're currently taking. This includes over-the-counter drugs and vitamins. Your doctor will need to know what you're taking to determine if any of them may affect your vision.
2. If you wear contact lenses, bring them to the appointment. Doctors must examine your eyes with and without lenses to accurately determine your vision.
3. Be prepared to discuss any changes in your vision that you've noticed lately. This could include blurriness, trouble seeing at night, or floating spots in your field of vision.
4. Tell your doctor about what's affecting your vision. It's also helpful to let the doctor know if there's anything else going on with your health that might be affecting your vision, such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
5. Draw up a list of questions to ask your eye doctor. When you visit the eye doctor, it is important to come prepared with a list of questions. This will help you get the most out of your appointment and ensure that all your concerns get addressed.
Some questions you may want to ask your eye doctor include:
- What is the cause of my vision problem?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks and side effects of each treatment?
- How often will I need to be seen for follow-up appointments?
- What are some lifestyle changes I can make to protect my vision?
- What are the signs of eye problems that I should be aware of?
By asking these questions, you can ensure that you are getting the best care for your eye health.
Let us keep your eyes healthy
Are you looking for an eye clinic in Chicago? Look no further than Millenium Park Eye Center, located in the heart of downtown Chicago. For all your vision needs, call (312) 996-2020 to speak with the best eye doctors in Chicago, IL.